Lamorinda CERT welcomes groups to set up on-site classes. These can be for businesses, clubs, churches, homeowners associations, etc.
All that we ask of a sponsoring organization is that they:
- Guarantee at least 30 students with a commitment to complete all classes
- Classes are 3 to 3.5 hours each. The series includes 8 classes plus an offsite drill at a Fire Training Center.
- Provide a room with a screen or a wall that we can project onto
- Provide a practice area where students can get on the floor to practice medical triage
- Provide a room that can be darkened and searched. This should be a room large enough that students will be able to feel their way around the perimeter and search with flashlights for victims. Furniture will be moved, chairs overturned, etc. to simulate an earthquake.
- Provide a space in a parking lot for the Fire Safety demonstration / practice. This is an area at least the size of 4 parking spaces in each of 2 adjoining rows where we can locate the Bullex firepan (a propane powered open flame burner) and have students approach with fire extinguishers.
For more information, contact the Lamorinda CERT Program Manager.